2.4 MR - Shipping Information
2.4 MR - SHIPPING INFORMATION
For assistance shipping your boat & equipment to Sheboygan please contact one of the following:
GAC Pindar is World Sailing’s Official Logistics Partner. If you would like to speak to them about your logistics requirements, please contact them directly as follows:
Key Account Manager: Diogo Diniz firstname.lastname@example.org
Operations Coordinator: Luz Baldelomar email@example.com
Head Office: GAC Pindar, Medina Chambers, Town Quay, Southampton SO14 2AQ, UK
Tel: +44 (0)2380 489 924
Rock It Cargo - Represents GAC Pindar in USA
Damian Schantz - firstname.lastname@example.org
5345 W. Imperial Hwy. Ste 900
Los Angeles CA 90045 USA
Carol Sabo - email@example.com
SHIPPING INFO NEEDED:
- Overall Length, Width, Height. Mast Removed and the same dimensions for the mast. The weight of the boat and the mast.
- Origin Point
- Destination: Sheboygan, WI.
- Cargo Insurance Value
- Would suggest 40’ HC Container in most cases – provided you have a way to load the boat into the container and ensure it is properly blocked and braced to prevent from rolling/tipping and obviously damage.
- The Inside Dimensions of 40’ HC Container are: 474”x92”x102” If their dimensions are great than those – we will need to ship BreakBulk and overall it is more difficult, the same details are required.
In order for Customs to Clear the shipment – they can do a few things:
- Have the shipment moved on an ATA Carnet (normally originated in Country of Origin) and makes Customs Clearance the simplest way to handle. This is a Bond and acts as the US Entry Packet – well known in many countries (although not all – i.e. Brazil).
- A Power of Attorney will be required by whomever is doing the Customs Clearance – this is a simple form, but, required legally for them to act as the Customs Broker.
- There are more documents required, but, they depend on each individual importer and what they require and how they plan to ship their boat. Air has their own requirements/Ocean has theirs.